Where can I find information on integration?

The State Secretariat for Migration determines under what circumstances a person may enter Switzerland to live and work. It also decides who is granted protection from persecution. It coordinates the integration efforts of the federal government, cantons and communes and is responsible for naturalising foreigners at the federal level as well as advising members of the Swiss population who wish to emigrate.

The SEM publishes lists of useful addresses in relation to migration and integration, including a list of cantonal and communal integration officers, who serve as points of contact for questions on this issue.

The Federal Commission on Migration is another extra-parliamentary commission. It advises the Federal Council and Federal Administration on migration and other refugee issues, and publishes reports, position statements and recommendations.

Terra cognita is a journal published by the FCM, featuring the latest information on various aspects of integration and migration.